Read All About It...: The Party Girl

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Party Girl


I've become quite the party girl lately. I've been hanging out at the bars, being with dear old friends, meeting new people, dancing, having fun, and living life. I can see why so many people find fulfillment in this kind of lifestyle. But you know, there is more out there than just another party...

While I am a firm believer in having a good time, I don't want to confuse having fun with hedonism. There's more to life than just parties and fun, right? There's community, there's fellowship, and I think that's what this is really all about. We're all out here, trying to meet people, trying to be social, trying to make connections because that's the way we are designed. No one is supposed to be alone.

Even God is not one being alone out in this universe. It's a triumvirate of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They said, "Let US" create the world and every thing in it in six days. "Let US" rest on the seventh and marvel at the beauty of creation. So if God is not alone, and if God was wanting to chill out, it means that we should do the same, right?

That's not saying we don't need time away from others every so often, but ever since coming out of the isolation of the tour, I've been extremely needy. I don't want to spend one waking moment alone. I don't need anymore alone time, I need to be out and about again, and I want and need to be with people that I love for as much time as humanly possible.

Maybe it seems as though I'm justifying my party girl ways, but my heart is a lonely hunter and she needs to find a family and a community.

No comments: