Read All About It...: It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

I'm minutes away from being 26 years old, and for some reason, I feel so sad. I want to be with Quinn and Ashley. I want my sister here to celebrate our birthdays together (hers is four days before mine) and be with my parents and have chicken wings and Korean food. I want to see baby Mar-Mar and hug her and squeeze her, and I want Sophie here to warm my lap and cuddle with at night. I miss feeling at home.

I'm not trying to throw a pity party here. I am so grateful to have friends in the city to celebrate with, but I am so homesick right now for the ones who are closest to my heart. I miss them fiercely, and am trying my best to make it through.

Okay, enough of being sad. I am going to laugh now, and I am going to live my life fully and I will not cry unless it is tears of joy. Twenty six, be my year of jubilee!

No comments: