Read All About It...: Just Let Go

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just Let Go

Let it be to me according to Your Word
Your ways are higher than mine

Well, I finally got the courage to ex-communicate my ex-boyfriend. I've decided to take my sister's advice (finally) since she was right about him from the git-go. With the passing of my birthday, I felt it was necessary to make some changes. Contact with Colby was one of them. I just can't heal and recover when I'm in constant contact with him until my soul is fully restored. I'm trying to heal my best, but the last thing I need is to pick off my scabs and watch them bleed, and honestly, that is what it is like every time I talk to Colby and especially when I see him. I wish I didn't invest myself so much into the ones I love, especially when they break my heart. Most of the time I can forgive and move on, but this is something different.

Romantic love is different. Boyfriends are different than friends and I'm sure that one day I will be able to be his friend and call him once in a while and hang out with him, but for right now, it hurts and it makes me go insane.

It's difficult to not call him. It's painful to be alone. But I know that if I throw myself into God's arm, if I lay down at Jesus' feet, and let it all go, He will heal me. I need love, power, and a sound mind, and that is what He will give me.

All I wanna do is lose myself in You
Lean back in Your Love
And Just Let Go

No comments: