Read All About It...: Blessing The Cursers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blessing The Cursers

So about a week ago, I allowed myself to love and forgive Colby, despite his horribleness to me. It wasn't easy, but I've been reading a lot of 1 Corinthians lately, especially the love verse. So I wrote a letter to him, saying that I would walk in the ways of the Lord, and I would love the way Christ does.

Colby came over and I prayed a blessing over him and his future. I will not involve myself romantically with him. So far, I've been doing very well, but I suppose that the distance of my traveling definitely helps. I try to keep conversations with him at fifteen minutes or less, and I don't talk about the past, and when he begins to talk about the past, I veer the conversation in a different direction as to avoid bitterness from rooting itself into me.

This is not easy, but I knew that when I was refusing to speak to him, it was hardening my heart, and I don't want to become a cold blooded lady. I will love, and I will love my enemies. I will bless those who curse me, and I will pray for the ones who have hated me and mistreated me.

No comments: