Read All About It...: Really Only Been Looking For You

Monday, March 15, 2010

Really Only Been Looking For You


I recently learned about an awesome group called The Arrows through YouTube:



They are truly too cool for school. I recently got their EP and album off of iTunes, and I love their song writing. And I wish I could borrow a couple of outfits from their wardrobes. They use a melodica in a couple of their songs, and I really want one... even though I know it'll be like every other instrument I've gotten, where I get obsessed with it for a second, and then I never pick it up again, or I'll pick it up again for a little bit, then move on to some other cool new instrument.

I like having various instruments at hand, even if I don't play them well or play them at all. I know that sounds wasteful, but I think the reason why I like to have them is because music is a big part of my life. There's a song in my heart, and I suppose I feel that even if I do play badly, G-d sees it as worship and using what He's given me. Other than greed, I can't think of why I would want to hoard instruments, but maybe He's given me a heart of worship. Or maybe I just really want to find Him, and find new ways to praise Him.

No comments: