Read All About It...: Jealousy

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jealousy

The Bible says that the Gentiles will be grafted into the same tree of Judaism, but it feels like I am missing out on being able to embrace the fullness of G-d because I am not a part of Abraham's lineage. I've been reading through a copy of the Haggadah that I have (thanks to the Braunstein family), and I love the beauty of the Passover Seder, and I wish that I could take part in it without needing an invitation from a Jewish family.

I think one of the many reasons why I fell in love with Colby is because I wanted a closer connection to the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I want to be a part of the rich traditons. I want to celebrate the same holidays that Jesus- Yeshua would have celebrated. I want to have a complete understanding of the Lord of all creation, and I want to follow the commandments that he laid out. I want to follow the commands that Yeshua followed. I want to be a part of the ones who were originally chosen.

I know that the promises are still accessible to me, and I know that the intimacy that I have with my Lord is greater than a lot of people who are part of the original chosen, but I am still jealous.

No comments: