Read All About It...: I am a Zebra

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am a Zebra

Well, I am still healing from the break up, and very thankful that when I am devastated, I can throw myself onto Jesus and cling on for dear life until I can walk again.

I believe that I am transitioning. G-d showed me a starving anorexic looking dog, under a table. Then, the dog's legs began to grow out, and suddenly it transformed to a zebra in the savannah. In Matthew 15:21-28, there was a gentile woman following Jesus and crying out to him to save her daughter from death.

24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

25The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

28Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

-------

I believe that the Lord was showing me that the season that I have been in while in NYC has been one of the starved dog, desperate for crumbs. But now, the season is changing for me, Jesus is going to grant me the grace to transform into a Zebra.

Zebras are social animals. They are not domesticated animals- wild and untamed. They have very heightened senses- smell, taste, vision, hearing. They are very adaptable when it comes to foraging and finding food. They're digestive systems allow them to live and be strong even on foliage with low nutritional value. The stripes of the zebra allow them to be unseen by predators in their environments, which help them to blend in with the atmosphere.

I believe that the Lord is going to be moving me into a season where I will be finding my spiritual senses. That he is giving me eyes to see and ears to hear. I believe that I will be able to get strong and be fed, even by the smallest unlikely nuggets of wisdom and teaching. And I believe that I will be well hidden from the attacks of the enemy. I also believe that I will be able to go into many different environments and still be able to blend in and be safe.

I am a ZEBRA. I am a ZEBRA. This is my mantra. I am a ZEBRA!

No comments: