Read All About It...: All You Need Is Love

Monday, June 28, 2010

All You Need Is Love

The south has been good for me, body and soul. I've spent time with my family: mom,dad, sis, bro, baby, kitty, and my aunties-- which has been great! But even greater, is hanging out in Atlanta with my closer than family, kindred spirits minus Nicole: Quinn, Ashley, Erica. Inaddition to that, I've been able to see all of my old Woodstock/Kennesaw area friends minus the Barbiers: Eric, Sabrina, Tommy, and the Collins boys.

New York City is wonderful, but nothing can beat the unearned, unconditional, unbridled love that pours out from the south. I am truly at home down south, and it isn't because of location, it's love that makes difference. I'm not saying that I am unloved in the city, I
certainly love my friends, and I know that they love me, but the level of conditions are always there. In the city, I battle with insecurity and with feelings of incompetence on a minutely basis. Down here, I can just... be. I don't have to battle or try or strive.

No comments: