Read All About It...: Resurrection

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Resurrection

I was sure that I was dying. My insides were exploding, my bones were being crushed, and I was burning alive.

I hit a moment of delusion where I thought I was becoming a star and being sent to the heavens. Inside of me was an unending song, "God Save Me!" "You are Lord of All!" "If I should die here, I will die proclaiming Your name!" I was shouting it with all that I had within me, and I frightened everyone with my "crazy" shouting. I was praying in tongues loud and I abandoned all inhibitions. Everyone thought I was a lunatic.

The pain didn't matter anymore. The world itself didn't matter anymore. My dignity and pride didn't matter. All that mattered was the Creator of the Universe. If I ever made it out of the nightmare, it would be impossible for me to go back to normal life again.

I am a much different woman now. I am still human, and I still make my stupid mistakes, but after what happened, after almost dying... I know that God is giving me a second chance. Maybe a third chance. Maybe this is the seventh chance...

I only know this: He is the only one that matters to me now, and I will walk with Him and live for Him.

No comments: