Read All About It...: The Season of Giving

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Season of Giving

The anticipation of receiving gifts is really what makes Christmas so special. There's also the warm feelings of happiness when you see someone pleased with what you got them.

I wish I could have been better about getting gifts for people. I'm on a budget of nothing, and Christmas is in two days. I haven't even mailed any Christmas cards.

I wasn't necessarily a Scrooge or trying to grinch Christmas- it's just that life got too busy for me to handle. Finances were too overwhelming for me to give. I would rather give a gift that is good than just a crappy old nothing without any thought. But now I feel awful. I couldn't have even sent a little card? Just a little one?

I am usually a very good gift giver. This year, Christmas just snuck up on me, it seems. I didn't have money to get gifts for people. But perhaps, I can employ some of my free time making after Christmas gifts for people.

The truth is, I have not been very thoughtful or giving, and I apologize to all of my friends and especially to Baby Jesus.

No comments: