Read All About It...: Sick or Homesick

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sick or Homesick

These past three days, I have been puking my guts out. My bosses are raging. I have been too sick to really care about the goings on at work. And I am all alone and sick.

Do you know how awful it feels to be alone and sick? I want my mom here. I want someone here to at least keep my hair from my face as I've got my head in the toilet. Friends aren't enough. I need family. I need a home.

I am homesick for a home that I do not know. What is home anymore? Is it with my parents? No. Is it in Georgia? No. Is it here in New York? I don't know. I live in an environment that is fine. It's not home, but it's not a prison either. I am comfortable here. But my heart is longing for something more. Something deeper than this. I've been so out of touch with the idea of family, and it's times like these- when I'm sick as a dog, and am utterly alone that I realize: I can't do it alone. I need someone to be a mom, or a dad, or a sister, or a brother to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I always get jealous of people that say they are homesick. where I could I be homesick for? who knows. just another passerby.