Read All About It...: Searching For God Knows What

Friday, January 16, 2009

Searching For God Knows What


Dear God,

What am I doing here if you're not with me? I feel as though I am trapped in this painfully imperfect flesh. I want so badly to be a living sacrifice, a fragrant perfume, and someone who is worthy to dwell in your presence.

But I am failure after failure, and so prone to being a stranger to you and to myself.

Where are you? I am seeking. I don't need to find myself or find a solution. All I Need Is You. I have forgotten how to run, how to fly, and how to swim.

You are the child, pulling back my face with your tiny hands and saying, "Oh, there you are!" You are the youth saying, "Vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true." You are the leading man, singing to me, "You don't have to do a thing, just simply be with me and let those things go. They can wait another minute. This moment is too sweet. Please stay here with me and love on me a little longer, cause I'm in love with you."

I'm not sure what I was looking for, but I think I found it.



1 comment:

Ange said...

The photo of you is lovely Annie. But of course I have always thought you were lovely! Thank you for following my blog! I am going to add you to my blog spot. And you are not alone. I am 44 and still wonder about those very things at times. But then I remember that we all have purpose in just one day. This day is what I responsible for.

Today, God may send you to encourage a friend or a stranger. Who knows! You are a VIP and your glory is needed in this dark world!! Much Love! Ange