Read All About It...: Hi, Atus!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hi, Atus!

I go through long stints of not writing, and it's fine for a bit, but then deep within me, something compels me to just write. It may be about the mundanities of the day, but I still feel the draw to use my words as a means of expression.

So many things have happened this year, that it's hard to talk about all of the things that I'd love to go into detail about, so I'll start with the most important: my engagement and upcoming nuptials.

Rob took me to the river walk, and we were on the balcony that overlooks the water, and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was a huge surprise, but I suppose that's been the whole story of us.

Prior to meeting the love of my life, I was pretty messed up- scarred from allowing unworthy men access to my heart and soul, then experiencing the biggest heartbreak of all, losing my precious, darling father, then experiencing the numbness of grief. I didn't see it coming at all, and then *bam* love hit me hard and good. I found myself dancing in the arms of a good leader, a gentleman, and a scholar. 

Neither of us were really looking, but here we are: together at last, and getting ready to build our beautiful future. It is a wonderful surprise.


No comments: