Read All About It...: Body Talk

Friday, October 28, 2011

Body Talk

My legs will never be long
... or thin.

No matter how long
I gaze longingly
at the magazine models
who are tall and thin,
I will never be
what they are.

So I have to accept the way I've been created-
shorter and rounder than the models.

This body-
short and round,
may not be the ideal advertisement,
but it is capable of doing a great many things.

So short and round is what I'm given,
that I cannot change.
I must learn to live in
this body of mine.
I must learn to love
this body of mine.

These hands that create wonderful things,
These feet that walk me to far off places,
This voice that rings loud and clear.
These eyes that envision a better future,
These arms that embrace change,
This heart that beats to the rhythm of love.
This body is a good body.
I must steward it well.

No comments: