Read All About It...: Pardon My Dust

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pardon My Dust

I guess when you're down, the enemy likes to kick you in the stomach and say, "While you're already down there, you might as well receive some more blows."

As I've been doing my grief share, I've found that the phenomenon of losing friends after a death happens a lot. Friends end up getting angry with you because you aren't as attentive or because they feel like they are unappreciated by you. This isn't the case. Really, I'm just drowning sometimes, and I am a flawed person, but it's not on purpose. Maybe this is just another fire that I need to be refined in, and maybe there will be something more beautiful on the other side of this.

Pardon my dust, excuse my mess
Please don't be another judge for me to try to impress
I'm saying my prayers, and I'm trying to change
Give me some time cause I'm still finding my way
Why are you looking at me that way?
Pointing your finger, shaking your head
How about some love along the way instead?
Pardon my dust.

(Chris Rice, I love you.)

No comments: