Read All About It...: Jotting Down

Friday, August 13, 2010

Jotting Down

I have been trying to find more outlets to express the thoughts that whirl around up in this strange brain of mine. Through poetry, writing, music. I have about five hundred stories mulling through my head right at this moment. Some of them are kitty stories, some of them are heartbreak stories, some of them are fairy tales, others are just mundane thoughts that run through my head.

I worry that maybe I haven't been listening to enough of what God is trying to say to me, but I know that it is crucial for me to keep my ears open. I've been listening to more Sondre Lerche than God, to be quite honest with you. But perhaps I can hear what God is saying to me through the mouths of the different artists. God speaks through art, and creation is a way to commune with Him. So perhaps by keeping open, I am hearing God after all.

I've been trying to read more. More of the Bible, more Madeleine L'engle, more children's and young adult lit, more of my friend's stories, more poems, more story people. I don't want my mind to go dead. I want to be a great reading machine.

I want to take in so that I can put it out. I want it to roll around the mud in mind and plant thoughts that will take root and go from my brain and hit my heart. I want my heart to hear it, to feel it, to experience it all.

I just want to jot down. All of it, at a million miles an hour.

No comments: