Read All About It...: Exhaustion

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exhaustion

Wow, am I tired! And yet, I'm not sleeping. No, sir, not me. I'm in my third semester, wondering where time went by, and feeling like I have nothing in me left to give. And yet, I'm still here, and still in it to win it. I even went to comp. elective and tried to work out some kinks in a song I've been neglecting.

I have an ulcer in my mouth- the type of canker sore that you get because you haven't gotten enough sleep. Yesterday, I had a mini-panic-attack after a nap because when I woke up, I thought I was in my parents' living room in SC, and was freaking about how I would get back to school. Then a couple hours after that, out of pure exhaustion and tiredness, I vomitted up a perfectly good pastrami and provolone sandwich. I'm a little bitter about that because I was pretty hungry after upchucking, but didn't even have the strength to fill the void after it was emptied from me.

You know, I didn't realize how wonderful and awful this could be, but I am glad to have this experience. It's been one heckuva ride, and I'm not sure what I'll do when it's over.

No comments: