Read All About It...: Tick-Tock...

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tick-Tock...


There goes a decade, a century, millenium...


As I look at old pictures, I can't help but feel slightly stunned. Where did that time go? It seems as if I just got to New York City, but as soon as May rolls around, which is only in three more months, I will have been here for a year. Time keeps tick-tocking, and I wonder if that was really me living. I don't remember it.


But the past is gone and done, and I only have today. So what am I going to do with this day that I'm given? When I was eighteen, I was all about carpe diem and seizing the day. When I was eighteen, I wrote: "I want to live. I want to live like life has a meaning. Yes. It has a meaning."


I'm coming to the realization that everyday should be special. Every moment is chockfull of purpose and meaning if we live. I don't want to waste my time in this life. I want to live as if everyday were a day like no other. I want to have an extraordinary life, and I don't want this time in New York City- the city that I used to dream about living in- to be wasted. I want to look back and rather than wonder where the time went, I want to rejoice in having lived such a full and meaningful life.
Hello, there, new day...


1 comment:

Ange said...

I was just thinking the same thing this morning as I was watching the sunrise. Also I was thinking about how time flies. Bradley is 19 today. Where has time gone? I am 44 years old. I was 19 when I married John. I look forward to the future and rejoicing in a new day. Love you Annie!