Read All About It...: Little Sister's Ramblings

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Little Sister's Ramblings

Little sister, come and sit beside me, beside me. And we'll play a tune on this piano forte, just for a while, just for a while, just for a while...

Birthday season is coming up for my sister and me. She's two years and four days older than me. As kids, my sis delighted in the four days that she was three years older than me.

This picture was taken 20 years ago. 20 years have passed, and we're going to be together again for our birthdays... well, technically, it's a little before our birthdays, but it's around the same time. It really makes me think about how brief the time is.

My big sister, my hero, my enemy, my best friend, my second mom, my only sister. I used to cry when she went away on school trips, and get so jealous when she did better than me at everything. I resented being in her shadow, and at the same time I looked up to her so much. We were so close when we were younger.

We're not as close now that we're so much farther apart- in both location and paths of life. In some ways, I feel like I know her better than I know myself, and other times, it's like we're strangers. At any rate, it's very nice that we'll be able to be together again... just for a while, just for a while, just for a while...

Happy Birthday To Us Both!!!



No comments: