Read All About It...: Resolutions for the New Year

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Resolutions for the New Year

As always, I make resolutions for the new year (even if I don't always stay commited to them). The year 2008 is not exempt from my resolutions:

1. I resolve to get healthy.
That means eating right (for me, that means no red meat or pork and no bleached starches or sugars). That also means excercising on a regular basis- yuck. Maybe I can join an intramural sport or something so that it won't feel like "excercise."

2. I resolve to dig deeper.
I think it's about time for me to really dig into intercessory prayer, dream interpretation, and also just exhorting people prophetically. All around hearing the voice of God and being able to speak it to others would be nice.

3. I resolve to have weekly adventure!
At first, I resolved to have a daily adventure, and while that is ideal, I think for right now, I'll start off with a weekly adventure and perhaps add more if necessary. I don't know what adventures to have, so I'll need some help coming up with ideas.

4. I resolve to take a picture a day.
I heard about this from someone else (though I can't remember who). I thought it was an excellent idea. It would be a great way for me to get out and explore more. Though, I can probably guarantee that about 60% of the pictures I take will be of kitty cats.

5. I resolve to dance more.
Within the past few months or so, I have stopped going to swing dances. Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to start going to swing dances again, but I'm thinking of dusting off my tap shoes and giving it another chance.

6. I resolve to spend and save more wisely.
Most of my money goes towards eating out or to the Chik-fil-a and Zaxby's drive thrus. Food is one of the top killers of my ability to save money, and so I am going to take it out. I will still go out if everyone is going, but I might just pack lunches for myself so that it will take the temptation away from spending on every little thing.

7. I resolve to get a Mac before the end of the year.
Okay, so I was intending to get one for Christmas, but after reveiwing my financial situation, I have decided to forgo this idea for the now. Also, I have about ten different people telling me what kind I should get and what programs I should have on it, and until I can drown out everyone else's opinions and come up with a conclusion of my own, then I will I finally get one... before the end of the new year.

8. I resolve to be more punctual. I'm perpetually late.
I need to get to work, and church, and practices much earlier than I do. I'm also talking about school applications. I have been slacking a little on getting them filled out, and I really should get them out of the way so that I can start working on my taxes and also, so that I can really prepare for my audition in March.

So these are my resolutions. I only have eight so as to not overwhelm myself.

No comments: